Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's to a Howlingly Good New Year!

I'd like to take a quick moment and wish you all a Happy New Year! 2008 was an amazing year for me and getting to work on "13 to Life" with your input and help was certainly a great part of it!

I'm certain 2009 will even be bigger and better--We're making plans (and learning some neat stuff as we go, of course).

Those of you who explore this page pretty fully may have noticed the new form at the page's bottom. We've decided a private Writers' Group is in order--allowing those of you who enjoy "13 to Life" (and who wish to continue getting sneak peeks of upcoming scenes and helping me build the story) to remain involved even after the TextNovel.com contest ends tonight. Writers' Group members will also get to participate in occasional prize drawings and contests related to "13 to Life," but I won't overwhelm you with stuff in your in-box.

A sign-up form for the Writers' Group is at the page's bottom. Please join us. :-)

I've had several well-published folks advise me to remove all of my stuff from TextNovel, feeling it may be viewed as a "percentage published" and make publishing houses hesitate (fearing the truth in the old saying "why buy the cow if the milk's for free"). I'm still not sure what I'll do about what I already have posted there (I'll sleep on it ;-). My husband and I have also discussed self-publishing the complete book (not a decision to take lightly when you're on a tight budget like ours).

So--things are in the works, and although I won't be voting for any of my stories as a Board member for the $1,000 TextNovel.com prize (it really wouldn't be ethical) the founder, Stan Soper of Utah, has made it possible for those of us both competing near the top and on the Board (myself and KSR Kingworth/Karey Shane) to still give our input.

So I'll be making my list and checking it twice...Huh, I guess I'm a little late on that reference. Anyhow--I hope your New Year is as good as I expect ours will be!

Take care!
~Saoirse

2 comments:

blackalbum said...

so i filled out the form at the bottom of the page and i cant tell if it went through or not. can you please send me a message to confirm that i joined. thanks.

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Yes, blackalbum, I've got you on my list (thank you SO much for joining) and I will be in touch with everyone in a little while.

Again, thank you for your support!
~Saoirse