Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Do Something Good

Soon you'll be noticing some changes to my "13 to Life" Textnovel at Textnovel.com . You'll see it growing to become more of what I initially envisioned, and less of the rough sketch you all were kind enough to support. Those changes will also better integrate my themes and hopefully this post will make more sense when you see the revised story.

Okay, so I'm posting some links in this blog's margin that will take you to groups that could use your help. You'll notice some that deal with wildlife and some that deal with farming, poverty, hunger and education. Check out whichever links interest you. If you can support them, go for it! If you can't, don't worry. I'm a firm believer that opportunities to help folks present themselves so we CAN help--just keep your eyes open for an opportunity to do some good.

I know time's always short--the death of my mother over two years ago now was the strongest way I've ever seen that lesson presented. But, we all have the ability to help someone.

And frankly, the things that matter most often take the least time. A kind word, holding a door for someone whose hands are full, being constructive with your criticism, saying please and thank you and smiling more than you frown--it all helps.

These links will possibly give you new connections to helpful organizations, but the use of your ability to help is something I can't force. I can only encourage it. So please do whatever you can for someone. Bigger is not always better--the seemingly minor may be the most meaningful.

And if you have groups to suggest, I'll check them out and post links here, too.

Thank you in advance for all your help!
~Saoirse

No comments: