Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Cause to Check Out--Project Book Babe

Okay, maybe none of you are near Arizona where "Project Book Babe" is going on today.

No matter. This cause is also online at http://projectbookbabe.com/ . Even if you don't buy anything through their online auction (hosted at ebay, and listed on the site's right side), I still encourage you to check it out.

I do not know the Book Babe, Faith Hochhalter, personally but I do know the terror, struggle and pain cancer inflicts--I watched it slowly destroy my mother even as doctors from two different well-respected hospitals did their best to save her. I hope Faith's treatment (for a different type of cancer) is far more successful and that she continues being as powerful a personality as the authors (including Stephenie Meyer, James A. Owen and Laini Taylor, Shannon Hale--among others) say she is.

So, stop by Project Book Babe. Donate. Purchase. Pray. Do whatever YOU can.

Twitter your friends and encourage their participation. I doubt there is ever a finer cause than trying to save a fellow person's life.

"Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire." (Schindler's List and--I'm certain--before it, too.)

Take care!
~Saoirse

2 comments:

Deborah Blake said...

I Twittered this too!

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Thanks, Deb! :-) I hope our little efforts help them--the online auction is still running, I think, so I'll keep this up as THE post until it's closed.

Take care!
~Saoirse