Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You Had Me at Hello...

There are bound to be lots of ways to communicate your interest in a manuscript to a writer. But what happened to me yesterday made me all giddy, all over again. I am not a naturally giddy person. I do not normally squeal in delight. I pride myself on being rational (though my hubby points out that's not the same as logical ;-).

So at 5:50 pm when the UPS truck rolled up, DH asked, "What's that?" I suggested: "The asparagus crowns your brother's shipping here until he returns to his property?" DH: "Geez. Already?" DH went to the truck and returned with a GINORMOUS packet. He smiled. "Not asparagus crown," he assured.

He showed me the red and white insignia across the upper left corner. I squealed.

Yes. Embarrassing.

DH said: "You can't open it until after we do the trash." Me: "Groan." He let me carry it inside. Heavy thing. I was hoping it wasn't one particular thing... But really wondering what all it was.

Flashback to a Friday phone call when I was told: "I'll send you something to familiarize you with our list." I was thinking I'd get an email with a link to an online list...

Trash--done! I photographed the package and ripped into it.

A list of contents follows:
Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast from the House of Night Series
Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Chosen by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Hunted by P.C. and Kristin Cast
But that's not all...
Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
The Fault Tree by Louise Ure
Evermore by Alyson Noel

Awesome! I should say now: I really LOVE my editor. And the LA Producer's STILL calling my agent :) because he REALLY wants to see the full manuscript... I LOVE the idea of a movie deal, and the company he wants to pitch is Disney (and who wouldn't want that?)... But now it's so much more complicated...

But I'm STILL loving this whole process and wishing great success to so many other struggling authors! It DOES happen! Work hard, stay inspired and keep reading!

Take care, keep writing and reading!
~Saoirse

3 comments:

Jeff Reid said...

You want input from your readers? How about their help with a CAST? We've put 13 to Life on Storycasting, but still need a synopsis (and cover art if you have anything). Then YOU come cast. And ask your fans to come and cast.

Jeff Reid
Storycasting.com
"for the movie in your mind"

Jeff Reid said...

OK, we used the synopsis from TextNovel. Send an email to jeff.reid@storycasting.com, and we'll set up a free Author Account and login so you can cast it "authoritatively".

Jeff Reid

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Hey Jeff--Thanks so much for putting "13 to Life: A Werewolf's Tale" on Storycasting.com --That's very flattering. I'll let folks know.

Thanks a bunch,
~Saoirse