Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dog Days of Summer BlogTour: Dara England

Good morning, all! Today we are fortunate enough to have the fabulous Dara England with us. I'll let Dara do her own talking now. :-)

Hello everybody. Thanks to all of you who’ve dropped by and to Saoirse for having me.

I’m Dara England a.k.a. Carol Green. I’ve been writing seriously since my teens but have only started exploring paranormal romance (and historical/paranormal fiction) over the past year or so. You can find out more about me by visiting my website at: http://www.daraenglandauthor.com/

Aside from my writing, I’m a twenty-six year old housewife and mom to two toddlers. I run an author promotions service, I play around a little with graphic design, and I sort-of-sometimes go back and forth with college classes.

I have a new book out—my first published novel. Here’s a little about it.

Title:Brought to Life
Genre:Paranormal Romance/Contemporary Fairytale
Rating:Sweet (or PG if you prefer)
Format:E-book
Publisher:Lyrical Press Inc.

I write under the pen name of Dara England but I’m not serious about keeping up anonymity(as you can see by my introduction). The pen name basically just helps me get “into character”. I seem to express myself better as Dara England than as Carol Green. *Laughs*

I like to think these characters are a little different from the typical paranormal characters because I go for a light approach with their story. Most people think of paranormal romance as being very dark and sensual.I wanted to challenge that idea by trying to tell a story that had elements of both the paranormal and the romantic, but revealed in the style of a modern fairytale.There’s no sex, no blood-sucking--not a vampire or werebeast in sight (forgive the spoiler).

:D But, I can assure you there's a fabulous premise (even if there aren't werewolves *sigh* ;-) and if you'd like to know more about Dara and her writing, come back this evening after 5pm EST to learn a little more about her.

Tomorrow you'll get to read an excerpt from Dara's debut novel,
Brought to Life, and on Saturday we'll hear her thoughts on writing and author promotion--she's sharing some neat stuff!

Saturday will also be the random comment contest--no, the comments themselves can't be utterly random, but the roll of the dice that determines the winner will be!


So come back a little later and learn more about the talented Dara England!
~Saoirse

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the feature! :)

Dara England

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Dara,

It's my pleasure. I hope you're following the additional spots about your work, too.

~Saoirse