Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dog Days of Summer BlogTour: Eva Gordon



I'm thrilled to kick off our Dog Days of Summer BlogTour with the wise and wonderful author of The Stone of the Tenth Realm and Wolf Maiden Chronicles, Eva Gordon!

I write paranormal and fantasy novels. Werewolf Sanctuary is Book 1 in my epic Wolf Maiden Chronicles, a paranormal romance series involving male alpha lycans and their human mates known as wolf maidens.

Werewolf Sanctuary is a contemporary romance novel that leads into Eva's other historical paranormal romances, what she's dubbed “werehistoricals,” and each are a part of her Wolf Maiden Chronicles.

Book 2 in the series, Beast Warrior, takes place during the Viking era while Book 3, White Wolf of Avalon, and Book 4, Lycan Gladiator follow in their own respective time periods and unique settings.




My debut fantasy, The Stone of the Tenth Realm, was published summer 2008 by a small UK Press, Libros International. (Again, a werewolf is the main male character.) A second fantasy, Gaia’s Keeper, soon to be published is forth coming.

Eva says she's already written the sequel to The Stone of the Tenth Realm, entitled Alchemist of the Tenth Realm.

I love to create stories that combine my passion for mythology, romance and werewolf lore. I have a BS in Zoology and graduate studies in Biology. I have taught high school Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology.

Eva's background in science and her absolute passion for wildlife biology adds a fabulous credibility to her novels. She applies her love of wolf lore and falconry directly, occasionally teaching workshops on both topics to writers' groups. Eva's a tremendously busy lady!

I also moonlight as a faculty member of the Grey School of Wizardry, an online school for kids and adults interested in magic and lore. I have volunteered at a wolf sanctuary and other wildlife rehab organizations. A portion of my book sales went toward the Howling Acres Wolf Sanctuary.



Eva is also a member of Romance Writers of America.

The next time you aspiring authors out there (or me, myself--right here) whine about not having enough time to actually write, perhaps we should consider what other authors do to pursue their dreams... Note to self... ;-)

Come back this afternoon at 4:30 pm EST to get a glimpse of Eva's writing workspace and books and learn a little more about our first blogtour author and about how you can win some cool prizes in our first Dog Days of Summer BlogTour random commenter contest. Might the winner get books, DVDs... Choc-o-late...? Find out later today!

Then on Friday return to read an excerpt from one of Eva's books--it'll get your attention, I promise! On Saturday, Eva will tell us a little about being a writer, what she thinks of her publisher and how they connected and give a little free advice to aspiring authors lurking in the shadows of my blog. :-)


To order Eva's intriguing books:
On Amazon (print or Kindle)
Through Vanilla Heart Publishing (ebook)
Or Get Werewolf Sanctuary Through Your Local Bookseller by listing the ISBN 9781935407300

Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you later today to learn more about Eva and the contest...
~Saoirse

3 comments:

Deborah Blake said...

Hi Eva! Your books look facinating. I love the fact that you have a scientific background for writing about werewolves!!! I am a practicing Witch as well (with 3 books out from Llewellyn). I look forward to reading more about you and your work.
Saoirse--great start to the Summer Blog Tour!

_Decode_ said...

Hey, Eva! OMG. I want to read Werewolf Sanctuary. There are NOT enough werewolf stories out there. Most everyone is interested in the vampire. (Pot calls kettle black for I am writing a vampire novel...) But I can't wait to read this. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL blog post.

Heather Kantz
www.flightsoffantasybydecode.blogspot.com
VictoriaDurm@gmail.com

Robin said...

Eva, it is great to hear about you. i am an avid paranormal novel reader, and if it weren't for this blog, it may have taken me longer to find you! I love the plots you have for your books, and the idea of a werewolf in viking times, amazing. Will be reading you!