Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dog Days of Summer: Indulge in the Wisdom of a Writing Guru


Saturday at 10:30 am EST will be our last post related to our wonderful and wise author and coach to authors: Mark David Gerson.

While with us, Mark David has discussed the importance of writing from your heart and being open to the inspiration that surrounds us daily. He has generously given of his time and responded gladly to your comments and questions. Tomorrow he will wrap up his time here with a little bit about his personal writing rituals and the advice he has for aspiring authors. This means we are also wrapping up this week's contest. I will allow commenters to participate in the contest through Sunday at 6:30pm EST. Then, at 7pm I'll roll the dice and pick a random winner. The winner's name will be posted here and they'll have an entire week (while I'm at RWA) to e-me and give me their physical address so I can send their prize.

So far our winners have hailed from Texas, Colorado and Canada. I hope this time our winner is YOU. This prize is a biggee.

Here's what I hope for all of you: Take a little time tomorrow and indulge your writing spirit by reading through our Mark David Gerson posts and comments and visiting his sites. Leave a comment or a question here for Mark David and you're entered to win Mark David Gerson's 2 CD set entitled The Voice of the Muse Companion: Guided Meditations for Writers. Yes. You should own it and yes, you deserve it.

This is indulgence and whereas indulging in chocolate and fatty foods is not healthy for your heart, indulging in wisdom for writers (by an award-winning writer) is one of the healthiest things you can do for your heart, your spirit, your mind and quite possibly your career.

So, just do it. Indulge in those things that will make you a better, clearer writer and help put you on the path you wish with all your heart to travel in this writer's world. And, if you are the type of writer who needs to be given permission to indulge in your craft--I grant it.
Indulge in what you need to in order to be at your creative best. Visit Mark David Gerson's BlogTour links in the right hand margin.

~Saoirse
(the self-indulgent ;-)

8 comments:

AD said...

the last lines, are just perfect :)

Visit my Scribbling Here

Marja said...

You indulged in great marketing

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Thanks, AD, I'll pop over as soon as I've gotten my coffee.

Hey, Marja! :-) Mark David Gerson's one of the most amazing folks and it's been my absolute pleasure to host him here (and I very much believe in his message/philosophy). I'd be a pretty poor hostess if I didn't encourage more authors to check his stuff out. ;-)

It's concepts like his that helped me land a multi-book deal (and I try to spread the wealth. :D

Thanks for stopping by!
~Saoirse

Tanya Gwen Minnick said...

ah how perfect! I long to write kids book, and have a blog with some stories on it...this has inspired me to start to write again. And my dog, cat and horse are perfect sources of inspiration too..great post
I will be going to look for this book to read! I believe in writing from heart, as vulnerable as it can make me feel..still so beautiful.
peace and light
t

Mark David Gerson said...

Tanya: If you long to write kids' books, then I'm glad I contributed in some small way to get you going again. As I said in the interview, anything can be a source of inspiration when your heart and mind are open. I'm sure it's included in the post somewhere, but for ease of reference, I also have a blog of tools, tips and inspiration for writers that you might find helpful.

Saiorse: I'm deeply touched by your support and gratified that my work has helped you so profoundly in yours.

Saoirse Redgrave said...

Tanya,

I wish you great luck (and tremendous skill) as you start to write again! I agree wholeheartedly with Mark David and you--the book that's in your heart and the characters in your soul need to be the words that go on the page.

Keep us updated on how you're doing on your writing journey. :-)

~Saoirse

Dee Martin said...

I just started attempting to write fiction this spring and I have missed the question time here I think. I do plan on spending more time wandering around your website - thanks for sharing resources :)

Tumblewords: said...

Nice page - indulgence is a good thing!