Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo Day 2 with CREATIVE LICENSE

I'll be honest with you. I'm tired right now. My son's home sick from school (a first) and I'm coughing and just gross. My head's foggy. But darn it, after my word count yesterday of 3K +, I am SO going back in to add to my YA novel CREATIVE LICENSE today.

The novel's being a little fiesty. Where it logically needs to begin and where I feel it needs to begin aren't quite jiving (but that's something I'll tackle in revisions). My gal, Maddie, is being a thorn in my side, so we're discussing her attitude problem. ;-) And I can't wait to get my boy, Logan, in there to create some havoc, so I actually threw out my outline early (come on, like we really thought I'd tolerate the constraints of an outline ;-).

I hope everyone else is having a great #NaNoWriMo experience--I'll get it together. ;-)

Take care!
~Shannon

3 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

Hope you're both feeling better soon, but you've made a brilliant start.

Shannon Delany said...

Thank you, Sheila! We're doing somewhat better today. Son's back at school (he slept really well last night) and I'm getting my act together.

I hope things are going very well for you, too!
~Shannon

Jennifer L Hart said...

This has been the wost season for cold and flu I can remember in my lifetime. My house of 4 has battled colds, flu, pnemonia, ear infections ect. Can not believe it's only Nov! I'm buying stock in Lysol for everyone this holiday season.

Kudos to you for sticking to your guns!