Ugh. Since it's the New Year (still has a bit of shine on it) I thought I'd mention some of my goals here. Most of them connect directly with the 13 to Life series (which works since this blog's pretty much about the series).
First a few updates:
- I'm quoted in two (yeppers) two articles by authors I admire in a publication that really is THE publication for RWA (RWR Jan. 2010). I'm in Mindy Klasky's Coping with Crunch Time and Ann Aguirre's These Laurels are Not For Resting: Staying Productive and Meeting Deadlines. These ladies know what they're talking about, so being given a chance to express my opinion in their articles is a huge pat on the back.
- I'm nearly done with my revisions for 13 to Life book 2 (which still needs a title!).
- I'm creating some Blog Bling for you all to decorate with (if you so choose). Some are like badges and buttons, some are not... I hope to release the first one or two this month...
- I'm also experimenting with Sprouts. More on that later, too.
- I've started a blog just for aspiring authors. Yes. Arrrgh! I figure so many people have helped me along the way, it's important to help others.
- I'm fielding more requests for interviews and guest posts and related stuff and I'm filling in my calendar. If you know someone who'd like me to blather on about books or werewolves at their site, send 'em my way. ;-)
- My author site is getting a facelift and I've added some games and activities there. Soon it will connect in with a 13 to Life site specifically (one JUST for the series) with some weird little goodies being put together by a pro. :D
- Book 2 revisions back to SMP before Jan. 31. (I'm shooting for sending it out the 14th, but we'll see.)
- Get lists of bloggers wanting an ARC to Publicity before Jan. 20.
- Send letters out to local schools about speaking to creative writing classes this spring (before Jan. 31).
- Reconnect with ShootingStarsMagazine, Bitten By Books, Fresh Fiction and RT about advertising, interviews, contests, etc.
- Reconnect with local bookstores to see how plans are progressing for an event... I'll wait another week on that one.
- Book 3 rough draft fleshed out by Feb. 10 (Okay, rereading that, I think I may have had a bit too much champagne before originally writing it--huh. I may reassess that one...)
- Have the prequel short story Marketing requested to them by Feb. 19.
- Have additional prequel for Marketing before the middle of March.
- Get Facebook and Myspace pages up and running.
- Blog at least once a week here and with the Divas and with the new blog.
- Get back to Textnovel.com at least one a week.
- Have fresh Blog Bling to decorate fan and blogger sites every 2-3 weeks.
- Complete at least one more trailer before book 1's release.
- Make arrangements for the events I'll be at (before February).
- Check 2k10 every weekday.
- After book 2's away, write 3k per weekday (to allow me to get at least two other projects roughed out as well this year).
Okay, I gotta' go--obviously I have stuff to do!
Hugs all around!