Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Announcements, Announcements! New Foreign Rights & Not So Sweet Sixteen Party at RT Booklovers' Convention

I'm going to keep this brief as my Twitter followers already know about it (and I have gobs yet to do today).

First--my editor just told me that rights for 13 to Life have been sold to Brazil--YAY! So now, beyond the US cover, there will be a Hungarian and Brazilian version! I'm super excited! (as noted by excessive exclamation point usage ;-)

And... (drumroll, please...)

I was recently invited to help host an exclusive party for booksellers at RT Booklovers' Convention in Columbus, Ohio. The email was addressed to me and some chick named Carrie Ryan. Anyone ever hear of her? YES. Me too! OMG! So after the initial shock (and subsequent screaming as I noticed the other hostesses: Kelley Armstrong, Jennifer Barnes, Holly Black, Heather Brewer, Jackie Kessler, Caitlin Kittredge, Stacey Kade, Mari Mancusi, Melissa Marr, Richelle Mead, Michelle Rowen, Rachel Vincent and most recently me and the fabulous Jeri Smith-Ready! Woot! We should add up to 16...)

I contacted my marketing gal at St. Martin's Press. She worked hard and wrangled the ARCs I need to participate. Go team!

So now I'm involved in that awesome event with YA authors I absolutely LOVE. I'll be getting 13 to Life ARCs in the hands of 100 booksellers from around the country. And mingling with some of the most creative (imho) minds in YA right now.

Lucky me! :D
~Shannon

9 comments:

L.J. Boldyrev said...

Wow! That's amazing! Congrats on both accounts!

Jessica Kennedy said...

Woohoo! Enjoy and I hope you have fun! :)

Heather said...

Congratulations, this is fantastic! I must have missed the announcement on Twitter about your Brazil rights, whoo hoo!

Dwayne said...

Aww congrats! I think Portuguese is sexy :)

Shannon Delany said...

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited (and still a touch stunned). One of my CPs said recently "Look at you sitting at the table with the popular kids!" LOL! It sort of feels that way, too. :D

Hey Dwayne, let's hope Portuguese speakers feel the book has that same sort of quality and just *have to* get their hands on it. ;-)

DJ said...

Congratulations!! :)

thekams said...

That is so amazing, congratulations (to both)! I'm excited to see the new covers =)

Book Lovers Delight said...

That is fantastic news! You deserve to be with YA's pack of brilliant writers...you are one of them :) Congratulations!

-Karina

Shannon Delany said...

thekams and Karina--Thank you! I'm very excited about the news. :-)