Friday, May 7, 2010

13 to Life Fan Art! Woo-hoo!

So, early Monday morning (like 3 am early) I’m waiting in the Amtrak station at Toledo, returning from the RT BOOKlovers Convention in Columbus, Ohio. I’m exhausted. I just want to get home and sleep for days (a luxury I don’t have).

To keep myself somewhat alert I open up my Twitter account on my cell phone. And there I see one of the coolest things an author could ever see—fan art!

Yes!

Tynga, of Tynga’s Reviews is so psyched about 13 toLife’s release date (June 22) that, without reading it, she’s made a fan art cover. And, as I open the link and look, all I keep thinking is: If this was a cell phone the size of those from the 80's (with a screen, of course), I'd be able to totally see the image. It'd be huge. But technology keeps getting smaller and smaller and my cell phone, rather than be meaty and respectable in size, is cute. Darn near dainty. So I’m squinting.

And growling.

Finally I got to see it and it is absolutely awesome (and I totally encourage anyone else who does fan art of 13 TO LIFE to tell me about it—I’ll totally spotlight you here). Here, for your viewing pleasure, is the fan art cover. . .

Isn't it awesome-looking?! And, since Tynga's never read the book (hasn't had the ARC in her hands, or any of that) the fact she did a great job with Jessie is absolutely fabulous! Jessie has brown hair with loose curls (although Jessie'd probably see this girl and think she's far prettier than Jessie is herself, but what can you do?). Teen characters are so difficult! ;-)

And points to Tynga for an eye for detail--getting the actual front cover quote (Maria V. Snyder!!!) on there. That detail was only made public very recently. :D

Anyhow, it was a wonderful surprise which totally made my Monday and I had to share it with you all. :D

Thanks, Tynga! You rock!

~Shannon

3 comments:

Tynga said...

Thanks Shannon =)
I had a great time doing it! And I'm happy she looks just like Jessie, it was a wild guess lol

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

Tynga, That is AWESOME! I love it. Great job.

Casse

Shannon Delany said...

Tynga, you did a beautiful job. :-) I really appreciate you taking some time and translating your excitement into this. It's awesome. :D

Casse, thanks for stopping in--she did a terrific job, didn't she?

Take care, girls!
~Shannon