Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shifting into High Gear: Welcome Jordan Deen Author of THE CRESCENT!


We're shifting things into high gear around here for June and paying special attention to shapeshifters and werewolves--even playfully declaring this "Werewolf June" (or #werewolfJune on Twitter).

Not only does ECLIPSE hit theaters (Team Jacob!!!) in the U.S. at the end of this month, but my debut novel, 13 to Life hits shelves just over a week earlier (guess what I want to see people reading in line at the theater? ;-).

And that's just the tip of the paranormal iceberg!

Here I'll be interviewing some awesome authors of YA werewolf and shapeshifter stories!

We start with author Jordan Deen. Jordan's first novel in her series, The Crescent, released on January 14 and has been named as a finalist in the International Book Awards! Half Moon, the sequel, will be released January 14, 2011.

Summary of The Crescent:

Becoming a werewolf is not an option for seventeen-year-old Lacey Quinn, but death can be a strong motivator.

Lacey is so focused on her future that everyday life has passed her by. Counting down the days to her eighteenth birthday, Lacey is almost home free. But when she falls for the mysterious Alex Morris, she lands in the middle of an ancient war between two enemy wolf packs. Tempting dreams, tantalizing lies and a dangerous love triangle ensues leaving Lacey heartbroken and confused.

Lacey's fate rests in the hands of Alex and Brandon, but both are pulling her strings for their own agendas. Even as she slips further into the dark world of werewolves, Lacey struggles to find the truth and save the only family she's ever known.

I asked Jordan how old she was when she started to enjoy writing or making up stories and here's her response:

"I remember making up stories all the way back to when I was four and I stole my brother’s Incredible Hulk shirt to sleep in. (I told him the dog buried it.) But actual story telling came when my home burnt down and my family became the focus of our small-town rumor mill. It was horrible, so to deal with it, I made up stories to deflect the attention."

It's always inspiring to me to see how someone's gifts can emerge in the midst of difficult times.

To read one of the great reviews Jordan's gotten, go here.

Come back tomorrow to find out what three words Jordan would use to describe The Crescent and why!

As a note, Jordan's throwing a copy of The Crescent into my Big Book Giveaway that starts here June 22 (as part of the celebration of 13 To Life's release)! Woot!

Where to buy The Crescent online:
Barnes & Noble
Amazon

6 comments:

courtneyreads said...

Why in the world am I just now learning about Jordan Deen and The Crescent?! Definitely going to check it out more!

--Courtney Rae--

Shannon Delany said...

Courtney, The Crescent is on my TBR list, too. I'm so glad I'm getting to know Jordan. :-)

~Shannon

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Wow, this sounds amazing!! I'm definitely adding this to my TBR list. :)

And, as a side note, I'm just about to send off an email to you because I noticed I never got a blog tour badge and I really want one, haha! :D

Shannon Delany said...

Oh my gosh! Sorry, Jenn! I'm popping over to my email pronto!

Glad you'll check out THE CRESCENT--Jordan's a doll!
~Shannon

Candi Wall said...

Ok, so now my daughter has suckered me into 2 books she MUST have. Keep it up - both of you!

'Cause I get 2 read 'em when she's done!

Candi~

Shannon Delany said...

LOL! Umm, fair warning--I'm also having Judith Graves, Kitty Keswick, Sarwat Chadda, Leah Cypess and Karen Kincy stop by later this month. It's a shapeshifter-palooza! ;-)

And. And. AND. We're doing a bunch of book giveaways here--the big shapeshifter-oriented one starts on June 22 (13 to Life's book b-day)!

So. Much. To. Do!
~Shannon