Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What a Day (and a Contest)! Change is Good Contest

DUDE.

This. Has. Been. A. Great. Day.


Though it seems Twitter kept locking up, people celebrated a very cool Twitter Book Party while I was speaking and signing at the fantabulous Colgate Bookstore. If you haven't been to Hamilton, NY (home of Colgate University) you should. There are bookstores and then there is the Colgate Bookstore. HUGE. Beautiful. Old architecture--open and airy and bright and fun--geez! The book store is amazing and the staff are very friendly (and well read--you shoulda overheard one of the literary discussions I caught wind of on my way upstairs)!

In short (because, let's be honest--you're here for a contest), my talk and signing went really well. I talked, I signed (I came, I saw...;-) and I felt really good about it (of course that could've been because I had veggie pizza and cake on my way out--no time to eat there!). The whole experience was yummy! And what a wonderfully mixed crowd! Amazing with a capital AH! ;-)

So. Let's get down to business. Contest. It's a bigee.

You like weres? Good. Shifters? Cool. I hope you really like 'em both, because I have a box of changeable goodness to give away.

Signed copies of the following:
Mistwood by Leah Cypess
Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne
Dark of the Moon by Rachel Hawthorne
Shadow of the Moon by Rachel Hawthorne
13 to Life by ME!

Unsigned, but still way cool!
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong (hardcover)
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong (hardcover)

ARCs:
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

There are rumors I'm getting 2 more books you'll love via post (ultra-soon) but I haven't seen 'em, so I can't mention them. Yet.

So. For now, 10 books! 1 box. 1 winner. This absolutely kills me, but for this one, I have to keep it to a winner in the USA. I apologize to my international followers, but shipping this weight abroad would be too much for me right now.

Winner will be determined June 30th and the box will ship the week following the July 4th holidays.

How do you win? Join me tomorrow to find out. Muahaha!
~Shannon

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh the torture! I've been online all day waiting for this! And I have to work tomorrow. Argh.

lostinbelieving said...

Awe ! That's an amazing prize, but only one person? Lucky person ! I hope you do it after I get out of school ! Tomorrow is my last day :D Can't wait !

~Alison

Shannon Delany said...

No worries, the contest may start tomorrow, but it'll run until the 29th. It'll probably be a points structure like the contest I did recently on Mundie Moms.

Will sleep on it! :D

G'night!
~Shannon

Meaghan said...

This sounds like a great contest! And congrats on release day today :)

thekams said...

That is SUCH an amazing box of books! Wish I was in the US, but I can definitely understand about the cost of shipping. I'm so glad your book signing went well!!

M. Gray said...

Wow! You are so generous. I'll be back!

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

I think I am having a heart attack due to those books...maybe I shouldn't enter because if by chance I did win...my poor heart couldn't take it! lol

Casse

Anonymous said...

Ah, shame it's not international. No worries though, good luck to everyone who does enter! It's a great giveaway. Any news on who won any of the previous contests?

And congratulations on release day! I think someone said in a previous comment that 13 to Life was already sold out in one US bookstore? Well done!

Shannon Delany said...

Anonymous,

Most winners of the previous contest have been notified via email and books will ship at the end of this week. :-) Things got crazy-hectic here with prep for the release and signing party. :-)

~Shannon

Katie said...

Gosh I can't wait for this one! Congrats on your release day too!