Sunday, August 8, 2010

Secrets and Shadows: A 13 to Life Novel

Those of you who have been following along here know I (relatively recently--like in April) turned in my copyedits for the second novel in the 13 to Life Series: Secrets and Shadows. Then about 2 + weeks ago I sent back my 1st pass pages for the same novel.

Secrets and Shadows releases February 15, 2011 in the States.

That book is already available for pre-order in both the USA and the UK! AND--it looks like it'll have the same release date. :D

Say it with me: WOW.

And I thought--holy heck! I need to share my new book cover with you all before it shows up on Amazon.com and spoils the surprise! This cover was a little longer in the development stage and thanks to Ervin Serrano (the designer of 13 to Life's book cover) for really being willing to work with me and get the cover closer to what I was hoping for.

Without further ado, the cover of book 2 in my series: Secrets and Shadows...



I hope you love it! The autumnal colors are perfect for this particular book in the series (Halloween occurs during part of Secrets and Shadows).

If you loved 13 to Life and you're ready to pre-order Secrets and Shadows, I've found it available at Amazon.com and Amazon UK and Barnes & Noble.

And, if you loved 13 to Life, please, please, please get your review posted as many places as you can (including Amazon--US and UK if you can, Borders, Goodreads, LibraryThing and Barnes & Noble). Unless you're in the publishing industry it's hard to really understand how much glowing reviews really mean to a debut author but trust me. It means a ton.

Thank you so much!
~Shannon
PS--
Thanks to these intrepid folks (at Narratively Speaking and Cem's Book Hideout) who also popped the cover onto their blogs and mentioned the reveal within minutes of me announcing it! YOU ROCK!

25 comments:

Shari Maurer said...

The cover is perfect! Love it. Congrats!

Denise Jaden said...

Love the new cover, Shannon!

I accidentally wrote "covet" at first. Must be a sign of how much I like. LOL.

Kate said...

The cover looks great!

iluvhersheys_andbooks said...

Omg the cover is beautiful!!! I like it more than the first, and I love when series covers are so cohesive!!!

Lexie said...

it matches so perfectly with the other one! I love it Shannon! Bring on Feb 15th!

Saranna DeWylde said...

It looks fantastic!

Zia said...

Awesome! I can't wait. I love that cover!

Judith Graves said...

So wonderful!! Love the tracks and the couple - urgent and full of drama. NICE!

Heather said...

I love it! The cover alone radiates tension and excitement! I can hardly wait!

nymfaux said...

Beautiful!!!--Haunting-- I could spend a long time looking at all the details!!!

Liz. R said...

The cover is awesome! I absolutely love it. Can't wait to read it ;).

Cait said...

I love the cover; it's beautiful! The colours are prefect.

Also! I found Secrets and Shadows available for pre-order on some Canadian sites: amazon.ca and chapters.indigo.ca

Both have the February 15 release date =) So excited!!

pirate penguin said...

Wow, that cover is gorgeous! :D

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

It's gorgeous! Posting to my blog now! :)

Anne Royce said...

I'm currently reading 13 to Life now and it's been awesome!!! I'm already in love with Pietr <3 and already looking forward to Secrets and Shadows!

Oh, and I love the sneakers <3

Jessica said...

WOW! I posted it on my blog as well! Had to with that AMAZING cover!

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

The cover is beautiful! I can't wait to read Secrets and Shadows!

nymfaux said...

Just posted it to my blog!!!

http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/2010/08/sharing-secrets.html

Danielle (Overflowing Shelf) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Cannot wait for this book. And Pietr who is sitting next to me loves it too!!

Shannon Delany said...

Wow,wow,wow! Thank you all for hopping over here so quickly to say nice things about the cover of Secrets and Shadows--Denise! "Covet!" LOL!

Cait, thanks so much for finding it available at other spots online for pre-order, too--awesome!

Jess and Jessica--thanks so much for sharing it on your sites, too! YAY!

Anne, the sneaker-speak was a necessary thing. *g* Glad you're enjoying the book!

Danielle (glad you're home safe and sound from London--still jealous!;-) glad Pietr approves. :D

Thank you ALL!
*hugs*
~Shannon

Jeri said...

Shannon, it's gorgeous and perfect! I'm so happy for you!

Kiara said...

Sexy. Cover. Just finished 13TL, LOVED IT. It should be a longer series than only 3 books...*ahem* I'm the same age and in the same class (Junior) as Jess and Pietr. Hehe yay. Go Shannon! Keep up the good work and don't EVER stop writing!I promise I'll get all your books (with my mom's money..ahem) Good luck!

Jordan Deen said...

OMG LOVE the cover Shannon. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

57 people want your book on paperbackswap.com!

http://www.paperbackswap.com/13-Life-Werewolfs-Shannon-Delany/book/0312609140/

Shannon Delany said...

Thank you, Jeri! :-)

Kiara, so glad you loved 13 to Life and that you like the cover to Secrets and Shadows! And your series wish? Looks like it's coming true... :D

~Shannon