Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall, Halloween and 13 to Life

You've seen my schedule, so you probably have figured out I'm not purposefully ignoring you by not blogging more frequently. I'm just struggling to catch up and (hopefully) get ahead soon.

And let's face it--if you desperately need to hunt me down I'm (too) frequently on Twitter. Just remember I'm @Shannon_Delany <--that underscore is muy importante! And there's also my email address info [at] shannondelany [dot] com . So you can reach me if you need to.

The good news is that we're coming up on my favorite time of year (and the season much of the 13 to Life series is set in). Fall isn't just awesome because of the weather or the beautiful colors of the changing leaves or because of Halloween (or the fact Jess's birthday's on November 1st (the Day of the Dead in some cultures)).

It's also cool because a lot of fall and Halloweeny things are going to be happening soon and lots of 13 to Life stuff (and other great stuff) is going to get given away at other sites.

So I hope you're enjoy the start of my favorite season!
~Shannon

3 comments:

ladystorm said...

I like Fall, but the only thing I don't like about it is that winter follows it. :(

Oh by the way I just finished 13 to Life over the weekend. I liked it, but I wanted more werewolf action..can't wait to see what happens next though. :)

Shannon Delany said...

ladystorm--LOL! I love most things about winter--it's a great time for writing here on the farm!

Glad you enjoyed 13 to Life--Alexi has a beautiful quote in Bargains and Betrayals (book 3) that summarizes the entire spirit of the series. You'll understand the specific choices I made regarding "werewolf action" in book 1 by then, I guess.

Some werewolf books are all werewolves, pack structure, in-fighting and gore. I don't go in for that sort of stuff. Although the werewolf-related action increases in Secrets and Shadows the series is still (as I've said in interviews when asked) very much a human story raising questions about humanity more than wolf stuff. :-)

~Shannon

nymfaux said...

Love the post!!! I've been feeling in the fall/Halloween mood lately, but have been wondering if it's too early (especially since CA doesn't technically have seasons) ;)

13 to Life definitely sets the right tone!!!! I can't wait for Secrets and Shadows!!!

Good luck catching up with your schedule--I hope you get some time to relax :)