Friday, December 10, 2010

In Which Shannon Dreams of Brazil

It's cold here. That's not much of a surprise for upstate New York in that strange blur of weather which appears to be the lovechild of fall and winter. So as I'm sipping my hot cocoa (with marshmallows because I've been quite good recently) I'm thinking about something I learned about yesterday.

13 to Life has a Brazilian cover. And a title in Portuguese. YES.

Here, it's about 15 degrees Fahrenheit and clear.

Today in Rio De Janeiro--? 79 and mostly cloudy.

My book's toasty warm in a country I have yet to visit. I am jealous of my book. My more urban- and masculine-looking book. My book with a cool brand-type-thingee in the upper left that incorporates a howling wolf in the word "Life." Yeah. I <3>13 to Life in Brazil...



I'm smitten. It's totally different than I expected, but, Brazil? I look forward to seeing what you do with future covers of my books. I love this one.

~Shannon

7 comments:

Indigo said...

How cool is that! I'm loving the cold weather. Then again I spend more time in front of the fire, staring at my Christmas tree than anything else. I live in upstate NY as well. I'm an hour from the endless mountains.

The Brazil cover has a darker theme to it, I like it! (Hugs)Indigo

Indigo said...

That wasn't a good description of where I live, I'm near Pennsylvania. Let's just chalk it up to being awake way too early for Saturday morning. (Hugs)Indigo

Heather said...

Ah to be somewhere warm right now... That is a very interesting cover. I like the figure and the faded writing behind him.

Nina said...

Wow! Brazil? Gosh! Congratulations! Actually, I live in Spain, and I haven't seen it on the libraries of there... Do you know if I'll be able to read it in Spanish soon?
XOXO

Nina

Beverly said...

Congrats!
I have pre-ordered Secrets and Shadows already, but was wondering if you have a bookseller that you sign for? I was hoping I could order a signed copy of both 13 to Life and Secrets and Shadows. Thanks.

Sheila Deeth said...

How super-cool! (Wraps self up in warm blanket and dreams). Sounds wonderful.

Shannon Delany said...

Hey, Indigo! I'm about an hour from the PA border so we're nearly neighbors. :)

Thanks, Heather--I really like it. :)

Thanks, Nina! Nope, Spain hasn't stepped up for foreign rights (that I know of). But I hope they will soon--I LOVE Spain! <3

Beverly! Thanks for the question! I am going to talk to a specific local bookseller on Saturday about doing just that. I love this particular store and they're a short drive from my home so they are PERFECT! I'll post the results here. :)

Sheila, thank you! Yes, it's a wonderful thing that warms me right up. :)

~Shannon